Kennedy Heights Montessori Center seeks individuals to serve in the following positions:
Early Childhood Center Executive Director Position
Kennedy Heights Montessori Center (KHMC) is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic Executive Director to lead and grow our dynamic Montessori center. For more than 50 years, KHMC has championed Montessori principles and provided an authentic Montessori educational experience to a culturally and socio-economically diverse student body. KHMC is a private, non-profit, parent co-op and 5-Star Step Up to Quality school educating over 90 students from age two through kindergarten, located within a culturally diverse, thriving urban community of Greater Cincinnati.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter that includes your leadership/educational philosophy, why you are interested in the position, and why you would be a strong candidate (500 word limit) to: KHMCsearch@gmail.com by February 26th, 2023.
General Position Description
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the education of children, lead through influence and collaboration, embrace diversity, and have the ability to coach and develop staff. They should have strong business acumen, be an excellent communicator, skilled decision-maker, and are able to create systems and processes to support and grow the school.
The Executive Director will work closely with KHMC’s Board of Directors to carry out the school’s educational mission to create a high-quality, nurturing environment that provides children with a solid foundation for learning, guided by the Montessori philosophy. We seek to enable each child to develop a sense of independence, belonging, self-awareness, and respect for self and others. KHMC also aspires to reflect the rich diversity of our neighborhood and its surrounding communities.
Inspired by the Montessori philosophy, KHMC embraces these core values to guide behavior among students, parents, caregivers, and staff: diversity, respect, peace, relationships, honesty, and compassion.
Vision & Implementation
- Establish a long-term vision and implementation of plans to further KHMC’s mission
- Cultivate effective relationships with all constituents, including students, families, faculty, staff, Board of Directors, community members, and key stakeholders
Enrollment & Family Relationships
- Drive student enrollment and retention in all programs; Foster a culturally and socio-economically diverse population.
- Lead and maintain communication with parents of current and prospective students through direct conversation, email, newsletters, and parent handbook
- Maintain student records in accordance with established enrollment procedures and guidelines
- Lead and manage staff to continue KHMC’s high standards of quality education and care; develop general education curriculum; collaborate with staff to develop positive learning activities
- Maintain staff and personal professional development to ensure continuous quality improvement and leadership development; Ensure staff training to meet state and local requirements
- Resolve conflicts (including corrective action when necessary) to ensure a positive working and learning environment
Business & Administrative Responsibilities
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with regulatory agencies; maintain licensing and accreditation requirements, as well as compliance with all regulating agencies
- Work with Business Manager to plan and review budget and other financial aspects of KHMC; ensure legal and financial compliance; demonstrate accountability for the operating budget and financial stability of KHMC.
- Establish and implement illness and emergency procedures
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 credits in ECE
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- 5 years of direct professional experience in an early childhood setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment
- A strong understanding of child development
- Strong finance and budgeting skills
- Excellent leadership, organizational management, & interpersonal skills
- Infant / child CPR and First Aid certification
- Must clear full background check
KHMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Updated February 20, 2023